Skip to content
First-Time Home Buyer

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Sorace
  • New to Real Estate
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Hi all, I would love to connect and chat with real estate investors.

Nicholas Sorace
  • New to Real Estate
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Mar 15 2023, 19:11

I am new to this space, but I am very drawn to it and have been saving up for a while. After listening to podcasts and reading books I'd love to start having conversations with experienced investors. I have my eyes on Cleveland and Dayton in particular, but I'd love to get advice about general multifamily investing and financing as well. A little background on me, I currently reside in NYC, Penn State grad, and I work in finance. Looking forward to making new connections!

User Stats

Votes
Jack Krusinski
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Mar 16 2023, 05:11

Hi Nicholas. I am an investor here in the Cleveland area. We buy and hold and fix and flip. I sent you a PM. 

21 Hill Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Duna
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Mar 16 2023, 07:29

Hi Nicholas- welcome to the REI world. I am part of a team that has raised money to purchase 250 units of multifamily in the area and I would love to connect and offer any advice. I am also an investor focused agent here in CLE and could be your boots on the ground 👍🏼

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Chow
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Mar 16 2023, 09:54
Quote from @Nicholas Sorace:

I am new to this space, but I am very drawn to it and have been saving up for a while. After listening to podcasts and reading books I'd love to start having conversations with experienced investors. I have my eyes on Cleveland and Dayton in particular, but I'd love to get advice about general multifamily investing and financing as well. A little background on me, I currently reside in NYC, Penn State grad, and I work in finance. Looking forward to making new connections!

Hey Nicholas! Why don't you give the Columbus, OH market a shot? As a resident and investor in Columbus, I can attest to the fact that investing in the suburbs here is a wise choice. It is a thriving city that is attracting several major companies, which will bring in thousands of job opportunities in the next few months and years. This, in turn, is driving population growth, with an annual increase of 0.75%. Employment growth is also on the rise, with a yearly increase of 3.58%. Rent prices in Columbus have also gone up by 6% each year. Let me know how I can help and would be happy to chat more with you regarding the subject!

User Stats

Votes
Don Spafford
  • Investor
  • Idaho Falls, ID
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Idaho Falls, ID
Replied Mar 16 2023, 10:02

Welcome! You can gain a lot of information from this platform. Let it serve as your mentor. It did for me! Listen to all the podcasts, webinars, follow topics and ask questions on the forums. Read many books that are recommended, including all the BP books.

I am in SE Idaho. I started with a four-plex in 2017. No savings, no experience, no network, I took a loan from my 401k to buy that property. 5 years later I was able to leave my W-2 and I am now involved with syndications including RV Resorts and also build-to-rent multifamily.

It all started with Bigger Pockets and interacting here. For CRE there is a huge community of us posting daily on LinkedIn which I also highly recommend to get connected with others doing what you want to do.

I'd be happy to talk with you or anyone else who would like to learn of other resources to get things moving.

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Mar 17 2023, 10:24
Quote from @Harrison Chow:

Hey Nicholas! Why don't you give the Columbus, OH market a shot? As a resident and investor in Columbus, I can attest to the fact that investing in the suburbs here is a wise choice. It is a thriving city that is attracting several major companies, which will bring in thousands of job opportunities in the next few months and years. This, in turn, is driving population growth, with an annual increase of 0.75%. Employment growth is also on the rise, with a yearly increase of 3.58%. Rent prices in Columbus have also gone up by 6% each year. Let me know how I can help and would be happy to chat more with you regarding the subject!

Agree Columbus Ohio is absolutely killing it in terms of appreciation and cash flow. I'm a local investor and agent here, and just helped my client two weeks ago close on a 26% cash on cash return deal. There's still amazing opportunity here, plus a lot of job and population growth catalysts like Intel and Honda's gigafactories being built here

User Stats

Votes
Alfath Ahmed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Mar 17 2023, 14:18

Nicholas, Ohio is an awesome market to invest in. I just read a published article today by the Columbus Dispatch that Franklin County home value's are supposed to rise by 30-35% with re-appraisal. We have had nearly a 39% property value gain from 2019 to 2022 in the Columbus market. 

Let me know if you want to learn more about this market. 

User Stats

Votes
Cerwin Haynes
  • Syracuse, NY
Votes |
  • Syracuse, NY
Replied Mar 20 2023, 10:38

@Alfath Ahmed actually I would like to learn more about Columbus myself. I've heard it mentioned recently as an excellent market.

I'm about to close on the sale of my duplex in Syracuse. Wouldn't mind finding a market where the purchase/rental #s are similar to the 'Cuse but the city overall has more going for it.

User Stats

Votes
Alfath Ahmed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Mar 20 2023, 10:59
Quote from @Cerwin Haynes:

@Alfath Ahmed actually I would like to learn more about Columbus myself. I've heard it mentioned recently as an excellent market.

I'm about to close on the sale of my duplex in Syracuse. Wouldn't mind finding a market where the purchase/rental #s are similar to the 'Cuse but the city overall has more going for it.

That's awesome Cerwin. I will send you a PM and we can definitely discuss your goals and investment strategy in the Columbus market. I definitely encourage you to check out my profile to learn more about me.