User Stats

Votes
Elizabeth Ore
Votes |
New Haven Connecticut Investing

Elizabeth Ore
Posted Dec 25 2023, 14:51

Hi All, 

Looking to get into the real estate investing game. I have invested successfully in one student house at a college further north and was cashflowing almost 2K a month! However, I live in new york city now, and obviously everything here is much too expensive. Seeing a lot of places in New Haven for 200-300K, so the price is right, and rents are about 2K a unit, but don't know a lot about the neighborhoods etc. 

Does anyone have anything to share? Experience, warnings, etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied Dec 26 2023, 08:47

@Elizabeth Ore

Welcome.  I have 1 property in Stamford and would love to get more in the general area, it's tough as it's so expensive.

I'd go to all the local REIA meetings and see what the other local investors are doing

Join the FB groups, find some investor friendly agents, walk dozens of properties

You're close enough to put the time in

Good luck

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 11 2024, 20:16
Quote from @Elizabeth Ore:

Hi All, 

Looking to get into the real estate investing game. I have invested successfully in one student house at a college further north and was cashflowing almost 2K a month! However, I live in new york city now, and obviously everything here is much too expensive. Seeing a lot of places in New Haven for 200-300K, so the price is right, and rents are about 2K a unit, but don't know a lot about the neighborhoods etc. 

Does anyone have anything to share? Experience, warnings, etc. 

Hi Elizabeth,

I also live in the city. I just did a flip in South Norwalk which turned out to be a great move. SONO is growing fast and very close to Manhattan so you may want to check out that area. I am currently looking for more properties in the Fairfield area if anyone knows any deals.

Thank you!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes