• Rental Property Investor
  • boston, ma
Votes |
Morris Invest & Oceanpointe management company

Son D.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • boston, ma
Posted Jan 4 2018, 13:56

Inspired by @Tyler Jahnke and others on BP I've decided to chronicle my experience regarding the property i've purchased with MI & OP management company from now for as long as i own it. The purpose is to hold these companies publicly responsible and allow future investors to be aware of what they are getting into. If you want to know the complete frustrating experience i suggest you read Morris Invest Case Study 2.0 or 3.0 as i had very similar experience therefore see no need to repeat it here. I will only summarize what happened thus far.

10/26/2017: I told Larry, a contact representative from Morris Invest, that i've decided to purchase a property. (Please note that this is where Morris Invest stop, but i didn't know it at the time.)

11/8/ 2017: i received paperwork to close on the property with Oceanpointe Holding LLC. I immediately went through all the documents and sent it back the same day, along with same day ACH payment. I called them, every single business day, to make sure they've received paperwork and payment.

11/14/2017: Finally got someone on the phone who told me that they did receive payment. However, the person i replied email to could not receive email. (I still don't understand this part.) So i immediately resent the paperwork to him as requested. He emailed me within the hour that he received it and everything was all set. So i guess this is officially my closing date now, even though all documents were dated Nov 8.

11/16/2017: I received welcome package. I called them repeatedly to talk about their management, each time leaving my number for a call back. (Please note that up to date i have never received a call back from anyone at Oceanpointe ever)

12/8/2017: I got to talk to someone regarding management. She answered my questions well enough. i sent the management documents.

12/20/2017: My direct deposit info changed so i sent them the updated info and called to see if they received it. Plus they never sent me things i asked for such as sample lease form. Up to date i've never gotten anyone.

1/2/2018: I received update on my rehab saying the important things have been done and ready for drywall & paint. I called today to ask them to hold off on that until I have a third party inspect the plumbing & electrical. No call back. I'm afraid next time someone contact me the drywall will already be up and I will not be able to inspect it.

Loading replies...