Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Alma Veronica Salínas
Pro Member
Votes |
The City of El Paso currently proposing a Short-Term Rental ordinance -thoughts?

Alma Veronica Salínas
Pro Member
Posted Feb 1 2023, 10:59

Hello all,

I would love any input, thoughts, opinions on the proposed short-term rental ordinance. Please let us know if you are a short-term rental property owner, realtor, etc... I realize that there is always a price for doing business however, my concern is the description of short-term rentals. What if I have a client doing a temporary lease agreement for 2 or 3 weeks on a property that was sold? 

-AVS

User Stats

Votes
Miguel Tinajero
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 1 2023, 17:13

Hi Alma,

Can you tell us more about the proposed ordinance?  I grew up in El Paso (currently live in CA) and my wife and I are looking to invest in property there.  Ideally, we were hoping to get slight longer than short-term rentals for military and traveling nurses.  I'm interested to learn more about this ordinance to see how it would impact our buying/rehab strategy.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Mar 1 2023, 17:16

@Alma Veronica Salínas I wouldn't think that a lease-back would qualify as a STR. And you can always do 30+ day rentals. But there must be some areas around there that still allow true STRs? Go buy there. Quick :-)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes