• San Diego, CA
Votes |
Average Appreciation Rate

Mathios Yonan
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Posted May 25 2023, 21:30

For those who are investing in Ohio specifically Dayton or a neighboring city/county, what have you guys seen as the average appreciation for this area. I've been looking at multiple sources and want to see if anyone has any experience in that area to come to a more accurate average. 

Thanks in Advance

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied May 26 2023, 05:22
Quote from @Mathios Yonan:

For those who are investing in Ohio specifically Dayton or a neighboring city/county, what have you guys seen as the average appreciation for this area. I've been looking at multiple sources and want to see if anyone has any experience in that area to come to a more accurate average. 

Thanks in Advance

I am always careful looking at lagging indicators because what happened yesterday does not mean it will happen tomorrow. While its great to look at average appreciation I would be looking more at the leading indicators on where things are headed. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 26 2023, 08:35
Quote from @Mathios Yonan:

Thanks in Advance

I have personally seen lot of appreciation in property values lot of development is helping that. Rents also have gone up and will definitely go up every year due to lack of housing in the area. Thinking of city neglected over the years and now all of sudden in past years everyone talks and invest in. There are lot of data out there and articles putting city in top markets to invest due to its affordability 
BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hartvigsen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied May 26 2023, 15:43

Hi Mathios,

I am a realtor in Oregon, and I have access to MLS (the multiple listing service) stats for appreciation in my market going back to the 1990s with only a click (back to the 1960s with a little more effort). Maybe you should connect with a realtor in your market and ask them to provide you the data.

Also, Redfin has appreciation statistics. Select "Buyer Resources", then select US Market. You can search for you Zip code there, but keep in mind they only go back 5 years.
https://www.redfin.com/city/5413/OH/Dayton/housing-market

Best wishes,

Melissa

• Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Mathios Yonan
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Replied May 26 2023, 16:14
Quote from @Melissa Hartvigsen:

Hi Mathios,

I am a realtor in Oregon, and I have access to MLS (the multiple listing service) stats for appreciation in my market going back to the 1990s with only a click (back to the 1960s with a little more effort). Maybe you should connect with a realtor in your market and ask them to provide you the data.

Also, Redfin has appreciation statistics. Select "Buyer Resources", then select US Market. You can search for you Zip code there, but keep in mind they only go back 5 years.
https://www.redfin.com/city/5413/OH/Dayton/housing-market

Best wishes,

Melissa

Thanks, Melissa, I didn't even know that Redfin info. I will look into it more!

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hartvigsen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied May 27 2023, 09:25
Quote from @Mathios Yonan: Thanks, Melissa, I didn't even know that Redfin info. I will look into it more!
You are most welcome!:)
  • Real Estate Agent