• Miramar, FL
Votes |
Choosing a market for AirbNb

Jenise Gato
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Miramar, FL
Posted May 27 2023, 14:01

I’m a south Florida Realtor looking to make my first investment. I can find the properties. My main challenge is deciding on which market. Any tips on evaluating different markers? Stats on growth? Etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Mario I Fernandez
Pro Member
  • Miami Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Miami Beach, FL
Replied May 27 2023, 20:50

Hey Janise,

Welcome to BP! 

Well as you might now all Miami are is on fire with Short Term Rentals so basically almost everywhere you will cashflow. Now do your research before pulling the trigger.

I will stay away from Miami Beach area since they have tons of restrictions on STRs.

I hope that you find a good place to do your AirBNB

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied May 28 2023, 03:19

Hi Janise, it depends on your goals....Are you looking for a long term buy and hold? STR? Fix and flip? Are you thinking MF or SF? etc. In my opinion, whatever you pick, make sure it cash flows and don't depend on appreciation only.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jake Zhiltsov
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 30 2023, 15:26

Hi Jenise, 

I'm in the process of trying to apply the same strategy in South Florida. I've been looking at Edgewater and Midtown. AirDNA likely has useful data but I haven't fully reviewed their offering yet. Perhaps you'd be interested in a phone call to bounce ideas? 

-Jake