Votes
Sean Roberts
Pro Member
Votes |
Looking for a good real estate attorney in Omaha Nebraska area to form an LLC

Sean Roberts
Pro Member
Posted Jan 14 2024, 19:30

Can anyone recommend a good attorney in Omaha Nebraska area to form an LLC? I have one property that I may move into the LLC eventually but I'd like to get my structure in order.

User Stats

Votes
Henry Clark
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Replied Jan 14 2024, 19:49

I would contact some of the active Commercial agents on loopnet in the Omaha area.  

If you can’t find one I can give you a realtor contact in CB who will be able to identify a few who can do Nebraska.

The most important part is your Operating agreement. Use the lookup function. My name and LLC operating agreement. You can use that as a starting point.
Add in a paragraph.  You can vote to not do any cash distributions.  Attorneys will sue for property and also cash flow.   This is one more reason for them not to sue.  

User Stats

Votes
Matt Morgan
  • Investor
  • Papillion, NE
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Papillion, NE
Replied Jan 16 2024, 08:18

@Sean Roberts, go to Rodney Dahlquist.  He’s done my leases and has served on the MOPOA’s board as well.  Usually they’ll let their paralegals do stuff to save you money that don’t need their pricier expertise.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Neil McCarthy
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 16 2024, 12:14

Sean,

I work for a law firm here in Omaha, NE that can definitely handle setting up an LLC for you. If you're interested feel free to reach out to reach out to me directly.

Neil

User Stats

Votes
Ted Kaasch
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 17 2024, 05:18

I use Matt Speiker @ Koley Jessen. He sponsors our local REIA and Koley is the attorney for BP. Message me for the contact details