Votes
Sebastian Valdez
  • Edinburg, TX
Votes |
Wholesaling questions for help

Sebastian Valdez
  • Edinburg, TX
Posted Feb 19 2023, 18:58

1. How can one find out where bandit signs are allowed to be placed? Who do I ask?

2. When looking at a potential off market property how can you see the comps and the price that I should offer or how do I know what the seller offered me is in the price range?

Any help is appreciated thank you in advanced. 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Feb 19 2023, 20:10

Ask the property owner, or place them everywhere until they get thrown away. You need a realtor to access the MLS and pull sold data.

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Brislin
Pro Member
#2 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Feb 20 2023, 08:30

Sebastian, you really should team up with someone who knows what they are doing, just so that you are not wasting seller's times, screwing up their lives if you can't perform on a deal.  But here are some answers:

Bandit signs are called "bandit" signs since you technically are doing something you are not supposed to be doing, which is placing signs on public or private property.  You could always try to ask for permission, but of course, they'll say "no".  So it's up to you if you want to take the risk.  Plus, often times, people take them down.  As far as comps, even in non disclosure states like Texas, Propstream gives an estimate of what they think homes sold for in the area (I'm assuming Privvy and Batch may, too).  As far as how much to offer, that's too complicated to answer in a post...you need to learn from someone who knows what they are doing.

Cash Source Homes Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Lydia R.#4 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Austin TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Austin TX
Replied Mar 2 2023, 22:39

1. Bandit signs arent allowed, that's why they are called bandit signs. However you can approach business owners and ask if you can put signs on their property. You can also approach friends and neighbors and ask if you can put signs in their yards. The signs will have to be nicer of course since bandit signs looks a little...you know. You can also get an I buy houses magnet for your car, wear I buy tshirts with your phone number and if you have kids get cute little 'my dad buys houses' t shirts for them too. 

2. Unfortunately you are in Texas which is a non disclosure state. The only way to get your hands on accurate comps is through the MLS. Network with some real estate agents at local REIA meetings and meetups. When I first started wholesaling I met a new agent who had moved to Dallas from another state. She had no network and was desperate for leads. So I proposed a deal. She would run comps for me when I needed them and I would send her all of my leads that wanted a retail sales price. She was able to convert those into listings. It was a win win for both of us. I got comps when I needed them and was able to properly analyze potential deals and she got tons of seller leads that she was able to convert into listings. i advise you implement a similar situation.