User Stats

Votes
Djelika Bah
Votes |
Finding Cash Buyers Starting out Wholesaling

Djelika Bah
Posted May 15 2023, 14:20

Hey everyone,

I just started my RE wholesaling journey and took some time to educate myself on the space and now looking to take action. I've been using Google to try and find cash buyers. Any other suggestions on finding cash buyers? Also, would love to chat with anyone who is already in the space. 

Thanks,

Djelika

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 15 2023, 14:23
Quote from @Djelika Bah:

Hey everyone,

I just started my RE wholesaling journey and took some time to educate myself on the space and now looking to take action. I've been using Google to try and find cash buyers. Any other suggestions on finding cash buyers? Also, would love to chat with anyone who is already in the space. 

Thanks,

Djelika

When I cold call if they say no then I ask if they would like to be added to my buyers list, a lot of the time they say yes. That is how I got my first buyers starting out. 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 15 2023, 16:53

There are softwares like prop stream and Propello, where you can see in real time who is paying cash for property significantly under market value. Make a list of those people and call them.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John Zajac
  • Investor
  • Amarillo, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Amarillo, TX
Replied May 15 2023, 17:23

@Djelika Bah Agreedment is how I find my cash buyers. They display on their website how many cash buyers are in any market nationwide. It says there are 2,205 active cash buyers in Fulton County and 992 in ATL, Georgia. Here 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied May 15 2023, 17:26
Quote from @Djelika Bah:

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Djelika

You are going backwards, FIND deals, buyers are the easy part,,,,,,Once you get one, just post it in the local forum it will be gone in a day, IF its good. You need to get to a local meeting, are you aware what is a good deal and how to analyze it ? I assume no, so learn what is a good deal, then go get em, All the best

Good luck 

User Stats

Votes
Djelika Bah
Votes |
Replied May 15 2023, 20:52
Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:
Quote from @Djelika Bah:

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Djelika

When I cold call if they say no then I ask if they would like to be added to my buyers list, a lot of the time they say yes. That is how I got my first buyers starting out. 

Thanks Steven. 

User Stats

Votes
Djelika Bah
Votes |
Replied May 15 2023, 20:55
Quote from @Bob Stevens:
Quote from @Djelika Bah:

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Djelika

You are going backwards, FIND deals, buyers are the easy part,,,,,,Once you get one, just post it in the local forum it will be gone in a day, IF its good. You need to get to a local meeting, are you aware what is a good deal and how to analyze it ? I assume no, so learn what is a good deal, then go get em, All the best

Good luck 

Thanks for the feedback. Working on finding good deals as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied May 15 2023, 23:45
Quote from @Djelika Bah:

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Djelika

LinkedIn

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied May 16 2023, 06:13
Quote from @Djelika Bah:
Quote from @Bob Stevens:
Quote from @Djelika Bah:

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Djelika

Good luck 

Thanks for the feedback. Working on finding good deals as well. 

that is the ONLY thing you should be doing :) 

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez
Pro Member
#2 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 17 2023, 07:24

1) Look for recently sold flips and reach out to the sellers and ask about their experience with the flip, and whether they are interested in buying more properties.

2) Search for recent cash sales on Propstream or Batchleads, once you've identified a list of properties, you can use skip tracing tools to find the contact information for the buyers and reach out to them directly.

3) Networking events can be a great way to connect with potential cash buyers in your area.

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Burgdorfer
  • Wholesaler
  • Eastern CT
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Eastern CT
Replied May 19 2023, 04:55

In addition to the great suggestions already posted, I've had some luck stopping at in-progress rehabs while I was out doing D4D and just chatting with the contractors and leaving my card.

User Stats

Votes
Josh Bowser
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, Ga
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, Ga
Replied May 21 2023, 10:01

Hey Djelika - this post is a good start! Here are a few suggestions:

1. Look at cash sales in the last year on zillow and redfin, then skip trace the buyer

2. Spend a few hours looking at BP posts of folks looking for wholesalers to partner with in ATL

3. Find listings of newly rennovated properties that have clearly been flipped, then contact the RE agent

4. Anyone that you talk to above - try to go meet them in person! 

User Stats

Votes
Djelika Bah
Votes |
Replied May 25 2023, 06:52
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

There are softwares like prop stream and Propello, where you can see in real time who is paying cash for property significantly under market value. Make a list of those people and call them.

Thanks! All great feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sandy Miller
  • Investor
  • Georgia
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Georgia
Replied Jun 2 2023, 08:15
Quote from @John Zajac:

@Djelika Bah Agreedment is how I find my cash buyers. They display on their website how many cash buyers are in any market nationwide. It says there are 2,205 active cash buyers in Fulton County and 992 in ATL, Georgia. HI. How long did it take for you to find end buyers using Agreedment? 

User Stats

Votes
Sandy Miller
  • Investor
  • Georgia
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Georgia
Replied Jun 2 2023, 08:17

@Djelika Bah--Just wondering if any of the resources shared has helped ? Any End buyers?

User Stats

Votes
John Zajac
  • Investor
  • Amarillo, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Amarillo, TX
Replied Jun 8 2023, 18:22

@Sandy Miller Instant. I notice that they are doing preorder. I have a local early version.

User Stats

Votes
Sandy Miller
  • Investor
  • Georgia
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Georgia
Replied Jun 12 2023, 15:40

THANKS@John