Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Mathurin
  • Realtor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
bandit signs in south florida?

Jeffrey Mathurin
  • Realtor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Oct 10 2012, 18:23

Every book, site, or youtube videos always state that one of the best marketing techniques are bandit signs. I live ft lauderdale, when i drive around, i do not see bandit signs around. Are any other investors experiencing the same thing? Are the laws that strict in ft lauderdale, or am i driving in the wrong neighborhoods?

User Stats

Votes
Eddie P.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • South, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • South, FL
Replied Oct 10 2012, 18:39

I am in Miami. Have about 100 signs I ordered sitting in a box I decided not to put out. Broward and Dade county have a new automated system which auto dials you every 30 minutes or so until you pay a fine. So, you would need a service that blocks the calls or burn through many google voice or magicjack numbers. Never use a phone number you plan to keep.

It is not worth the hassle in my opinion.

User Stats

Votes
Braden C.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Florida
Replied Oct 11 2012, 07:37

If you're wholesaling, and doing it correctly, you really shouldn't need to do bandit signs anyways.

A true wholesale deal should be so good that you can quickly and easily find a buyer for it without signs. My office does 75-100 deals per year and I can't remember the last time we used signs. Usually one or two phone calls is enough.

If you don't have those contacts yet there are much easier, more professional, and legal ways to find your local cash buyers.

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy M.
  • Missouri
Votes |
  • Missouri
Replied Oct 11 2012, 08:07

Braden Chandler
I think Jeffery was referring to marketing for sellers not buyers.
If not, I would like to know how you do so Braden.
Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Tin Lam
  • Wholesaler
  • garden grove
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • garden grove
Replied Oct 11 2012, 08:15

[Braden Chandler
Comment_thumb_avatar-bradenc

If you're wholesaling, and doing it correctly, you really shouldn't need to do bandit signs anyways.

A true wholesale deal should be so good that you can quickly and easily find a buyer for it without signs. My office does 75-100 deals per year and I can't remember the last time we used signs. Usually one or two phone calls is enough.

If you don't have those contacts yet there are much easier, more professional, and legal ways to find your local cash buyers. ]

I'm a wholesaler, and I did Bandit signs in the past, nevertheless, it's not my favorite and probably my lease favorite way to get a deal.
As, a wholesaler, you deals should never make it out to public clubs, because if it's there, it's not good enough. I've wholesale properties that not able to make it out to the public, a retailers and rehabbers know their numbers, if it's good enough, you're one phone call away from closing your wholesale deal.

My example deal, house worth 180k, got in at 95k, wholesale 110k, need 20k rehab. There is a taker in couple hours!!!

User Stats

Votes
Braden C.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Florida
Replied Oct 11 2012, 08:29

Jeremy M. Whenever I am helping coach a new wholesaler who doesn't have a buyers list yet one of the ways I tell them to find buyers is the same way they find sellers, letters.

The easiest way is to find the biggest wholesaler in town and look up their deals on the county clerks site. Market to their buyers just like you would to a seller. Send a professional letter stating that you work with cash buyers and can provide them with great deals. They just need to call or email you to get added to your list.

There are lots of other ways but we've had a lot of success with this method.