Insurance

User Stats

Votes
Eric Coats
Votes |
How to find good insurance quotes for small multi family

Eric Coats
Posted Jan 24 2023, 10:12

I'm looking to get some quotes for a small multi-family in Kentucky.  Looking for suggestions on the best way to reach out to insurance companies or brokers.  I don't really want to start googling insurance companies, but want a reliable company with obviously good rates.  Any recommendations on approaches would be helpful or can you do national.  Generally I feel like when I use local mortgage brokers I get better deals, so wondering if the same is true with insurance.

User Stats

Votes
John Mocker#1 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Replied Jan 24 2023, 11:15

Eric,

Seek out Independent Agents (they represent multiple carriers).  Look for ones that write in Kentucky.  Being local to the state, having expertise in Real Estate, writing both commercial and personal insurance, writing with many companies, are all good criteria to evaluate them on.  Sellect a few and have them quote the policy.  Give them guidance on what you need (Replacement Cost coverage, Special form, ....) and also limits you want.  Also ask for suggestions from them on optional coverage, limits, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Cameron Moore
Pro Member
#3 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • DFW, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • DFW, TX
Replied Jan 25 2023, 09:12

I would say, the best approach is to ask other Multi-family investors in the area who they use. You want someone who is knowledgable in investing. 

• Insurance Agent Missouri (#3002404805), Alabama (#3002405934), Texas (#2415793), Georgia (#3595431), and New Mexico (#19197454)

• ProCo Insurance
ProCo Insurance Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Miranda Micire
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jan 25 2023, 09:15

Is there a REIA facebook group that you could post in in your area to get recommendations?