User Stats

Votes
Anita Ainsworth
Votes |
Public Adjuster in Orlando area

Anita Ainsworth
Posted Feb 28 2023, 01:15

Hi 

I have a property in Orlando with a claim for a new roof that has now been going on with the insurance company for many months. Their adjuster is reviewing the papers!

In the meantime I have a family living in damp conditions fearful of what the next storm will bring. The insurance company no long reply to my emails. 

Is anyone able to give me the name of a good public adjuster in the area and a descent insurance company, having waited this long I feel that once the claim issues have been resolved it’s time to move from ASI.

Another question if you are not satisfied with an insurance company 
is there an official organisation you can approach. 

User Stats

Votes
John Mocker#1 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Replied Feb 28 2023, 07:04

Anita,

The organization that you would contact in most states is the Insurance Dept.  Generally, the state insurance depts. regulate the Insurance companies, policies, etc... for their state.  If that is not the case in FL, try the State Consumer protection dept.  

I would probably wait until after you decide if you will be using a public adjuster to handle this.  They may have suggestions or a plan on when to contact the State.

User Stats

Votes
Anita Ainsworth
Votes |
Replied Feb 28 2023, 07:08

Thank you for the advice. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Shawn McCormick
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Feb 28 2023, 09:50

@Anita Ainsworth

If you decide to go with a public adjuster, that will almost asuradly add time to the process. I just went thru this and had a public adjuster from day 1 and it still took 11 1/2 months. This was on my personal house, so it was frustrating and the insurance industry has changed so much in the last 2 years and they are winning. 

I don't know anything about your situation, but possibly think about selling the home and leaving it up to the next buyer/investor to deal with. Their health is more important. 

If you want the name of a public adjuster, let me know. 

Best of luck to you!

User Stats

Votes
Anita Ainsworth
Votes |
Replied Feb 28 2023, 10:08

Hi Shawn, 

Thank you for your advice.

We have found the American process very complicated believing it was due to being based in the UK and not really understanding why everything was taking so long. It seems from your posting that it is normal to wait months for news.

The agent in our insurance company said if he was us he would go to a public adjuster! 

We have contacted a couple of adjusters but they just don’t reply, maybe I am asking the wrong questions. If you have the name of a good adjuster I would appreciate the details. 

Other than needing the patience of a Saint do you feel it is worth going to a private adjuster? I would value your opinions.

Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 4 2024, 07:40

I have not filed a claim yet.

I am looking for suggestions on public adjuster in Orlando area

User Stats

Votes
Shawn McCormick
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Apr 5 2024, 12:58
Quote from @Johnson Best:

I have not filed a claim yet.

I am looking for suggestions on public adjuster in Orlando area

Reach out to Camila Castrillon with 5 Star Adjusting. Please let her know I sent you

Good luck