If you have a job-be grateful- this needs to be read

7 Replies

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=328107&src=109

There are 6.2 people looking for every single job currently available. This is by far, the highest ever recorded. If has not been shrinking and means more troubles ahead.

This is a follow up article to my previous one on vacancies rising. If we get too many of these negatives, we might have a ,,,,,recession!

What are you finding out there in jobs if you're one of the 6.2. If so, good luck to you and I mean it sincerely. Rich in Fl.

This is actually 2 and 1/2 times higher than ever recorded in the 9 years they've been keeping the records.

I absolutely agree... If you have a job, be grateful. For the last two and a half years, I have struggled working in the mortgage industry, moving from one closing company, to another. I went through a stint of unemployment, and it was the worst feeling to me. I was able to get a job doing asset management at one of the mortgage companies I used to work for doing originations, and I feel extremely lucky to have stable employment for the first time in almost three years.

For the past few decades I've created my own employment. When I was doing well I hired others.

The good news for me is that now when I hire someone they appreciate the work, they work hard and well, and they don't charge exhorbitantly.

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said: "The man who knows how will always have a job. The man who also knows why will always be his boss."

wait until the current stock BUBBLE bursts...

stock up on guns and canned goods

Remember- the only one that will EVER pay you what you're worth is,,,,,you. Rich

Jason- don't forget a source of water... A human can live a lot longer without food than without water. Water storage, jacuzzi, water bed, pool, etc. Rich

There is opportunity inherent in all challenges. Losing a job to me was proof of the need to become financially prudent and have a future-forward vision.

In RE, and all other financial business, new landscapes mean adjusting. All of those who are staying in apartments while on unemployment and it eats 75% of their income have an opportunity to learn this principle.

We'll see what happens to the personal savings rate this year. The proof of a consumer learning curve is in the data-flavored pudding.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here