How to Market Yourself and Your Business with BiggerPockets
BiggerPockets is not only a community for sharing knowledge, for networking, and making deals, but it is also a marketing platform for people in the real estate space.
Here are several easy ways to use BiggerPockets to market yourself and your business:
- Create a Detailed, Professional Profile with Photo - BiggerPockets profiles have been designed to give you the opportunity to share information about yourself and your business with the rest of the community and the world. Our profiles are search engine optimized and can be found on all the major search engines. They give people a way to find out about your contact information, experience, goals, and of course, your activity on BiggerPockets. Profiles that are not completely filled in do not appear in our networking page or site's front page. A complete profile means one that includes an avatar or image. If you don't want to share a photo of yourself, find a picture that matches and use it. Remember, profiles with photos get a TON more traffic!
- Create a signature and get active on the forums - Our forums are visited by thousands of people every day. If you're an active forum participant, you can easily start building a good reputation among the community. Those people who prove to be knowledgeable and helpful to others often get a TON of business from their participation on the forums. I know some people who became so flooded with business that sadly, they could no longer participate!
Part of getting noticed is having a signature at the bottom of all of your posts. You'll want to edit your profile and select the signature tab to create your sig. Make sure your company name is accurate in your profile, and select the "Use my name and company in my forum signature" button. Then use the blank space next to "Forum Signature" to enter your website URL, phone number, or email address (if you want people reading your posts to see this info).
- Create a Blog - BiggerPockets Blogs are easy to set up and use and require no programming knowledge. We've essentailly created our own proprietary blogging platform that not only allows you to communicate with the world, but helps promote you. BiggerPockets has implemented many search engine optimizing features to help you get your name out there by blogging. The key to successful blogging, however, is not just having a blog, but having one that shares Quality content. If your blog is just full of spammy crap, no one is going to visit your profile, website, or anything else. Check out some more of the blog's features.
- Write some Articles - BiggerPockets has built a phenominal article directory for the benefit of both the average real estate consumer or investor and for the benefit of the articles' authors. Since we're talking about marketing benefits here, we'll focus on the authors. All articles on BiggerPockets give the author a place to create a byline/signature. This is the perfect place to market yourself: share links to your website, tell folks what you're up to, promote your latest book. Our articles are viewed by tens of thousands of people every month both on site and through our articles feed. Why wouldn't you want some added exposure?
- Join or Create a Group - Groups are a great way for people of similar interest to come together. Being part of a group on BiggerPockets allows you to be seen by those people, and bring renewed exposure within your own, mini-community.
- Just Get Involved! - We've created an incentive system for those members who get involved on the site. Our stats page highlights the most active members of the day, week, month, and all-time. This page is visited my tons of members, and the search engines alike. Show up on the stats page because you're active, and you're going to see more traffic to your profile!
We've got even more great marketing opportunities coming to the site soon . . . stay tuned!