BiggerPockets Podcast 127: How to Use a Partnership to Acquire (and Manage) 100+ Units with James Wise
As you grow your real estate business, a partner can help you achieve incredible levels. That’s why today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down with James Wise to talk about how he used a partnership to build his own investment portfolio, as well as build a thriving brokerage and property management business. In this interview, you’ll learn how James finds and screens tenants, uses BiggerPockets to raise money, and much more.
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How James got started with real estate
- How he (unknowingly) house hacked his first property
- How he moved on to his next deals
- Tips on finding a business partner
- Learning the hard way through trial and error
- How James screens tenants now (and the mistakes he used to make!)
- Valuable tips on finding partners
- How he’s using BiggerPockets to grow his business
- His take on starting a brokerage or real estate management company
- Tips for real estate agents working with an investor
- Where to get the cash to actually live while investing in real estate
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Shia LaBeouf delivers the most intense motivational speech of all-time
- #AskBP Podcast
- Tenant Screening: The Ultimate Guide
- Evicted Tenant Threatens Landlord With a Machete (Seriously)
- BiggerPockets Forums
- #AskBP 034: Should You Rent to a Tenant With an Eviction in Their Past?
- Joel Owen’s BiggerPockets Profile
- New Member Welcome Forum
- Draft Day
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth by Robert G. Allen
- “You’re always going to have vacancies. It’s part of the business.” (Tweet This!)