BiggerPockets Podcast 137: How to Use Systems to Scale Your Real Estate Business with Sam Craven
On this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we want to introduce you to a real estate investor who has figured out the secret to scaling his business: systems. Sam Craven, who was last on the BiggerPockets Podcast back on show 33, shares with us the processes he has implemented that have enabled him to build a team, putting him on track to buy nearly 100 homes this year. You’ll love the humor, the advice, and the examples Sam brings to the show and will walk away with new ideas to scale your own business.
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Sam’s progress since the last time he was on the show
- What his business model looks like
- Why he identifies as a “customer service business“
- The importance of building processes
- What the people in his company do
- The vital importance of systemizing your business
- How to create a “franchise-able” business
- Why you should start with the end in mind
- How to use diversified methods in marketing
- What exactly high equity mailers are
- How they finance their deals
- The worst deal Sam’s ever done
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Webinar Pro Replay
- BiggerPockets Pro
- How to Close 27 Deals in Your First Year While Working Full Time with Sam Craven (Podcast)
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Becoming a Millionaire Real Estate Investor Using The One Thing with Jay Papasan (Podcast)
- BiggerPockets Facebook
- BiggerPockets Webinar
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing by Perry Marshall
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- “People call us because they have a problem that they need to be solved.” (Tweet This!)
- “Anyone who joins our company always have to fill out a goal sheet as well.” (Tweet This!)
- “One of the joys of growing a business is trying stuff and seeing if it works.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Sam
Sam’s Camping Photos