Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Susan W.
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Short Sale listing agent - Can I file complaint?

Susan W.
  • New York, NY
Posted Sep 13 2016, 20:42

In March, I signed a contract with the seller on SS. I contacted the listing agent directly, but he put his colleague as my buyer agent. We waited for bank approval till last month, I saw this house is back to market after 5 months.

I called the listing agent immediately, asking for the updates on my contract. In the phone call, he explained that the lender foreclosed the house, then he and the seller worked hard to get it back to short sale. The lender requested them to put it on an auction site. The agent said he doesn't know the auction date yet, but he'll keep me in the loop. I asked him if I shall join the action or not, he said NO. If there is any price change, he will let me know and honor my contract.

Today, the listing has changed the status to "under contract" with the same MLS# I had. The listing agent never contacted me. I can hardly trust this guy, but I still want to have my contract moving forward. Is there anything I can do? File complaint to the broker, the license department?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Loading replies...