Good books for real estate

5 Replies

Hi All,

Looking for good real estate books to read. Preferably for more advanced people in real estate. Anyone have any good business ones in general or solid real estate books? I've already read the Biggerpockets suggestions.

Troy

I don't read many books like that.

I liked Multiple streams of income.

It is not very advanced though. Pretty basic stuff.

@Account Closed  

Hi from a fellow Syracuse area investor!  I'm not sure if you've checked out the podcasts yet but they are great and have many great suggestions for reading material.  What kind of properties do you/plan to invest in? While I'm working my way through all the podcasts, I started by focusing on the ones that fit with what I want to do.   I'm working my way through my long reading list taken from BP, some are to be expected, some I had never heard of.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad -- good inspirational, big picture book but basic

The unofficial guide to real estate investing -- helpful for understanding some of the concepts of  and  real estate vocabulary building

The four hour work week -- not one of my favorites but like the philosophy

The One Thing -- great book on focusing on the things that matter and create results and cutting out (or delegating) the things that don't. 

Think and Grow Rich -- classic

How to Win Friends and Influence People -- another classic

Pitch Anything -- reading now, easy read, interesting ideas about how to give yourself leverage in negotiations (listen to the podcast where they talk about neurolinguistics--that's what I really want to master!)

The next two on my list are the eMyth and the ABCs of Real Estate Investing.

Best of luck in your real estate endeavors!

@Tia Rubadeau  

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to take a look at some of them now.

@Tia Rubadeau  great recommendations.  

@Account Closed  depends on what you're looking for, especially when you're talking advanced stuff.  Try some of the industry associations.  CCIM, NAHB, IREM, NAIOP, ULI, etc.

Handbook of real estate development

Commercial real estate transactions - a transactions approach.

Read J Scott's BiggerPockets presents :The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs and The Book on Flipping Houses, written J Scott.

You will not be bored!!! Both books are in-depth and with life examples.

Happy reading

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here