Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Davis
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilsonville, OR
Votes |
Getting Ready To Quit the W-2 and Go Full Time REI - What Are You Doing For Health Insurance???

Shawn Davis
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilsonville, OR
Posted May 19 2015, 11:39

Hello All -

We are about a month away from getting completely out of all W-2 employment and going full time (hubby & I) in REI. We have been thinking about this for a while and feel like we are in good shape to do so BUT, we have always gotten our Health Care through hubby's employment and need to find the best alternative. We have 5 young(ish) children that will be on our policy so not looking for "catastrophic only" but good, comprehensive health coverage. Don't believe in Obamacare so don't send me there. We have AAA, AARP, both members of the American Bar Association, and my husband is a veteran (former marine). I figured BP would be a great place to find people who have already cracked this issue as so many of you have already jumped off the W-2 train.

Would love to know what type of coverage, who it covers (just yourself, or a family with children) and about what it costs you monthly, if you are willing to share.

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Loading replies...