Best Business Bank in DC

2 Replies

Hello BP, 

I am interested in learning from investors what their preferred business bank is. My company is getting started in the DC metro area, and I want to know if others have a real estate friendly bank they use. We are set up as an S Corp and would like to set up a business checking account to separate our company and personal money. Also, does anyone look to use the same bank they have a business checking or savings account etc with to look for mortgages, business loans or lines of credit? Or are there certain banks better for each aspect?

I am thinking EagleBank, Bank of Georgetown, and BB&T as of now, but would like to hear from others before making a decision.

Thanks for your help,

Heath 

I use capital one. My "business" account with them is just a second checking account separate from my personal account.  If you set up an actual business account it will just subject you to a lot more fees.  There is no real advantage to having an actual business account.

I think your best bet will depend upon what you plan to do. Almost anyone can offer you a bank account. We use TD Bank for our business checking account. We had our personal account there already, so we could link them and avoid any maintenance fees. There is a branch near our house and another across the street from my office. When it comes to lending, we just used MECU to close on a 30-year fixed rate loan on a SFH rental property held in an LLC at 4.875%. We had talked to EagleBank, but they were not interested in financing single-family properties held in LLCs. They seemed very willing to help with 5+ unit multifamily.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here