Would like to be an assistant to an investor!

4 Replies

It's been suggested to me many times that I should attempt at being an assistant to someone who is already in the field.  This would be a good way to make a little money and learn more about the field.  

I currently live in Woodstock, Ct.  I'm willing to travel a bit, or do virtual if we can find a way to make that work (or both.)  I'm willing to work hard to prove myself and learn the trade!  I'm very driven and want this to work out!  

Please message me or post your interest.  I can have a resume and cover letter if need be.  

I really want to learn things about wholesaling, rentals, and flips so whatever assistance is needed for those strategies.  Pretty much whatever needs to be done that they feel I'm capable of doing and they don't want to do.  I'm a pretty quick learner, so even though I lack, I know I can make up for it quickly.  

Cheri:

Great post. I think that trying to be an assistant to somebody is not the correct way to do it. Meaning, when I have had VA's or assistance they were given specific tasks to perform that may not be directly related to the biz. And typically when I do have VA's they work on one part of my business without knowledge of the others.

Also, unless you tell that person up front your intentions they may be mad when you start asking all those questions. 

A better way to get the experience is to have somebody mentor you or you shadow an investor in your area. That way everybody knows each others roles. Because if I was looking to hire a person to do X and you came in saying I can do X and then started asking and inquiring about the ABC, I would be thinking, I just hired you to do X not ABC.

Just a though.

@Pat G. it's always a good idea to get someone else' perspective on the issue.  I haven't applied to any actual jobs yes, except one, but my intentions were made in my cover letter.  Of course, this was the only job I have seen that actually fit something I would like to do.  Haven't heard anything back from them, though.  

If I can't find anyone, I'll just continue to push forward and try different avenues.  :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you