How much do you pay?

4 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how much you would pay someone to do tasks like writing out your postcards, going to the courthouse to get lists from the probate files and other small office type tasks that a VA could not do.

Most people you hire will have a short term money objective. So, they will not be looking forward far enough to make a commission.

If you pay them by the hour, it will take longer.

If you pay them for results by the task, per unit, you'll have a better idea what the task costs and compare with other choices.

I agree with @Rick H. .  I have hired VAs on an hourly basis and never seem to get the results I get when I charge based on results.  For my assistants that hand write envelopes, I pay them per envelope and for my assistants that I have recording probate information for me, I pay per entry.  This has worked out much better for me and the assistant understands how much they will make.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you