Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Scott Capurro
  • Stockton, CA
Votes |
How can i even imagine growing portfolio in this country?

Scott Capurro
  • Stockton, CA
Posted Jul 20 2016, 03:40

So, as the title suggests, i live & invest in foreign country and numbers just doesn't make sense and it seems impossible to grow (At least at a rate that we all want to grow). I have 1 property in my portfolio and its a commercial office space building. Here are the numbers and please help me making sense of all this

Current market value of the property - $900,000
Total units in the building - 4
Rent from Tenant A - Currently vacant, should be leased out in less than two weeks (Aprox $2,600)
Rent from Tenant B - $2,686
Rent from Tenant C - $1,940
Rent from Tenant D - $2,844

Gross Monthly Rent = $10,070

Monthly fixed expenses = $1,000 (security, common area cleaning, garbage, water supply, property management)

Vacancy = 3% ($302.10)

Repair & maintenance = 10% ($1000)

So we have a NOI of $7,768 or $93,215 (Annually)

Since the property is paid for i can borrow around 70% against this and put 30% down (Savings) and buy next one, and keep repeating this process and eventually build a big portfolio, focus on paying them down or perhaps selling some if i get good CapX rate.

So far so good, Right?

The problem is, Bank rates on 15 or 30 year fixed in this country starts at around 12% for commercial, even mortgages for primary residence are around 10.5%

Private money is obviously at 15% or higher (if you have connections)

I know i find US investors but lending from other countries makes it very complicated and i am not there yet.

Any opinion on how i can grow this thing? i feel stuck

Oh and this is the smallest unit in the market that i am in, well the part of market i am in.

Loading replies...