Real Estate Business Structure

2 Replies

I have a LLC for a rental property do I need to have that LLC name on the property deed? and Do I need to have a separate bank account for each property that I have? I have talk to an accountant and she told me that I would need separate banks accounts for each LLC? Is this the best way to setup my Rental Real Estate Business?

Everyone's situation is different so I don't know if you will find a "right answer" here.  Here are some of my general thoughts.

The one thing that stands out to me right away is just that if you have an LLC but that LLC is not on the deed I am not sure what your LLC is doing! If you are trying to separate ownership of the property then chances are real good you need to have the property deeded to your LLC.

I would listen to your accountant who knows your situation!  As a lawyer I typically listen to my CPA for the set up of my properties because the taxable implications are most important to me.  For my own personal reason I do have separate LLCs own my properties but I manage and move them around however my CPA wants me to for my taxable benefit.

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you