• Real Estate Investor
  • Alexandria, VA
Votes |
office space

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alexandria, VA
Posted Aug 3 2009, 07:17

I'm looking to take a poll on your work/office space. Let me give you a quick background on my thoughts, desires and needs and then ask about your set-up:

I'm planning on setting up an LLC and working my way from bird dogging to wholesaling and eventually rehabbing. I live in an historic neighborhood and I would be SHOCKED if the city allowed me to have a home business at my address. From what I have researched there are very few exceptions to what types of business can be run out of private homes. On top of that our townhouse is on the smaller side and thus we are very limited on space inside the house.

Part of my long term plan - the rehabbing part - is to buy building supplies in bulk so at some point I will need some type of storage. I'm not talking about stocking up on lumber and therefore needing a ton of space but rather items like doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, appliances, etc.

My questions to BP members:

- Do you have a home office or seperate office space? What do you like and dislike about your set-up?
- If you have an offsite office would you mind describing it a bit? For example, are you in a traditional office setting (office condo, for example) or an industrial park or something completely different?
- If you have a home office are you at all concerned with the liability of the business being at home?

Thank you for sharing your insight and stories.

Loading replies...