• Realtor
  • Delray Beach, FL
Votes |
Understanding Joint Venture Deals

Michael Lopez
  • Realtor
  • Delray Beach, FL
Posted May 22 2017, 07:12

I have recently found myself in what I believe to be a great position and would like some advice. I am having a meeting in a week with an investor who made it know that he would like to invest his money with me. I have done one deal many years ago and understand that it doesnt make me an expert at all. I am a Realtor and have done some deals and have been reading and researching for a good year to prepare myself for this moment. I have contractor connections because I have also been in the construction industry in one way or the other, building relationships with these professionals over the years.

Would a joint venture be the best way to do the first deal to build trust with my private investor? I am preparing myself and would like to put a plan and system in place before meeting with him on Sunday.

Would someone here please provide me with some insight as to how you approach a joint venture or if you believe a joint venture would be the way to go?

I did create an s-corp almost a year ago for my real estate investing, and am wondering if making shares of the company available to this investor for an investment into the company?

Please forgive my ignorance in these matters. Although a lot of reading and watching videos can be quite helpful, when the real deal comes up, I want to be sure that I dont make any mistakes that could have been avoided. 

This "private investor" has never invested in real estate before, but has the cash to do deals immediatley. 

Thanks

Loading replies...