Freshbooks vs Quickbooks

8 Replies

I'm not familiar with Freshbooks but I do know that every accountant is very proficient with Quickbooks. That alone will save you time and money come tax time.

I've never used Freshbooks so I have no reference to compare, but I do like QuickBooks, it's very user friendly

I have never used anything else, but love quickbooks.  Makes tax time a non-event.  I am opposed to quickbooks forcing me into a service agreement every year.  I feel like if I purchase the product, they should be willing to help me when needed.  Every year they send out an update that causes a problem.  I call customer service, who needs a service agreement in order to fix it. 

Ahhhhhh.   I feel better now.  Have a great day everyone!!

Thanks for the input. I was leaning towards QB for the fact that every accountant out there is compatible with it if no other reason. I'll be in for the $35/month online subscription as opposed to re-buying the desktop software every year.

I would definitely say quickbooks is the right call. I have spent a few years working with the program doing small business consulting and teaching quickbooks classes.

In addition to it being great for tax time it has allot of useful features that you can use to track your P&L and B/S for each individual property.

If you have only a handful of properties making a bank account for each one and tracking all transactions for each property as separate projects in quickbooks is a simple way to handle bookkeeping, track expenses on a property by property basis, and to easily produce financials should you ever look to 1031 your properties.

Something I hadn't even thought of. Thank you

Originally posted by @Richard Parseghian :

I would definitely say quickbooks is the right call. I have spent a few years working with the program doing small business consulting and teaching quickbooks classes.

In addition to it being great for tax time it has allot of useful features that you can use to track your P&L and B/S for each individual property.

If you have only a handful of properties making a bank account for each one and tracking all transactions for each property as separate projects in quickbooks is a simple way to handle bookkeeping, track expenses on a property by property basis, and to easily produce financials should you ever look to 1031 your properties.

QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. If you have multiple EIN's, you will need either:

- one QuickBooks Desktop software or

- multiple QuickBooks Online subscription. If you have multiple subscriptions, you are eligible for discounts call Intuit or let me know how I can help.

Something new that I didn't know I didn't know. haha

I think just one EIN for the foreseeable future but yes eventually....

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here