Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Tina Ph
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
I signed up for a Real Estate Seminar. Is it a scam?

Tina Ph
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 27 2018, 09:02

Hello all!  

I just joined the site after sitting through a free 2-hour Real Estate investing seminar where I decided to sign up and pay for the full weekend-long seminar in a few weeks.  

Now doing a bit of due diligence.

I have to admit, I was excited to hear about all the things I heard during the free seminar.  The skeptic in me says this is a scam.  However, I was offered a money back deal (full money back if I was not satisfied after the first day of the seminar) and I only paid $400.  

My questions are:

1. What is the company getting out of me attending their seminar?  Will there be another upsell?  How are they making money if they're charging me just $400 for the entire weekend?  (I'm really sorry if they are doing this because they truly want to teach others their tips to wealth and will personally apologize to those involved if I am completely wrong about this.)

2. There are several hooks:

- Buying/investing in real estate without using any of my own money

- 0% funding source for 12-18months (with only $3500 processing fee).

- A few more.

The program is called "Deal Zone Wealth Academy.  The free seminar was hosted by Pat James.  I have googled him and he looks legit!  

The actual weekend seminar is taught and hosted by Cherif Medawar.  Also googled him and he looks like a very successful Commercial Real Estate investor.    

They appear to be very successful and knowledgeable.  Curious as to why they are spending their time conducting these seminars.  

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...