Seeking Real Estate Specific Lawyer/Accountant in South Jersey

6 Replies

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are just getting started in REI, and have been listening to the BP podcasts for the past year. We are planning to form an LLC for buy/holds regarding multifamily, single family, and row homes. To make sure we are off to a solid start and have a good foundation, we are seeking recommendations for a lawyer and accountant who is Real Estate specific in the area to help us get started. (Cherry Hill, NJ)

Also my other questions for BP Members is which questions should we be asking them? What are some good ways you know of to tell if an attorney/accountant are going to be a good fit? 

Thanks BP Members, looking forward to your thoughts!

Mike

@Mike N. Welcome to REI in South Jersey. The beginning of a new journey is always an exciting time.

I represent clients throughout South Jersey in real estate matters. My office is in Marlton. (Near the AMC on 73). The main two things to get from a professional you might hire is:

1.  Do you feel comfortable with them

2.  Do they understand what your goals are and do they have a plan to make them come to fruition?

The best way to get the answers to those questions is to have a conversation with that person.  Typically, you will be able to tell within 30 minutes if you have the comfort to work with this person for a length of time.  You should also know by the end of the first meeting if they can implement a strategy to help make your vision a reality.

Originally posted by @Mike N. :

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are just getting started in REI, and have been listening to the BP podcasts for the past year. We are planning to form an LLC for buy/holds regarding multifamily, single family, and row homes. To make sure we are off to a solid start and have a good foundation, we are seeking recommendations for a lawyer and accountant who is Real Estate specific in the area to help us get started. (Cherry Hill, NJ)

Also my other questions for BP Members is which questions should we be asking them? What are some good ways you know of to tell if an attorney/accountant are going to be a good fit? 

Thanks BP Members, looking forward to your thoughts!

Mike

@Jim Kennedy is in South Jersey. Chris LaSpada is in Delaware and specializes in Real Estate. There are also a few others on BP who aren't local, but due specialize in real estate. 

Hi Mike,

SJREIA has several business affiliate Attorney's and CPA's who work with real estate investors. On our website homepage there is a tab for Business Affiliates and the drop down takes you to their contact info. To locate them, sort by category.  Also we have two meetings in August where speaker presenters are Attorneys.  Our website calendar has all details.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you