Votes
Joshua D. Carlon
  • Kenai Peninsula
Votes |
Business acquisition potential... make the numbers make sense

Joshua D. Carlon
  • Kenai Peninsula
Posted Mar 2 2019, 08:39

My first interest and drive at this point is real estate. All the research I have done up this point on investing has been 100% geared towards Rental property. I was approached the other day by a friend who owns a business, and he asked if i would be willing to use my V.A. Benefits to invest in his business for some growth capital. new equipment purchase, and consolidation/restructuring of existing debt.

I dont have any financial experience in regards to a business, and  just based on his explanation, something doesn't make sense with his income-debt(i dont know what exactly which is why i am here) My question is : " where is a good simple resource i can use to help me make sense of his books?" or " Is there any on here who has other business experience that would be willing to look at his documents to help me make the number make sense to either invest, or say no" I do have one resource already, but I would like a second set of eyes. Double checking never hurt anything with great risk.