Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Goals, Business Plans & Entities
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Arthur Park
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
Oregon 1st State of Rent Control 2019

Arthur Park
  • Portland, OR
Posted Apr 14 2019, 15:00

Many landlords are very concerned over the effect of the new Oregon law; 608.      The Real Estate holding company I am with is now looking at what to do next in response to what we perceive could be the adverse affect of this new law.     The Law basically does two main things.  It now caps what the landlord can raise the rent to 7% plus the CPI in a 12 month period.    It is feared that that may just be the beginning of the suppression of rent increases.   Will it end up later changed to 3% or lower?    With the new CPI report it is probably going to be around a 10% cap for 2019.    But this is not our company's main worry right now.   The real worry is the new rules on Tenancy Terminations.   The Fixed Term Lease Agreement is after the 1rst year is no longer truly a Fixed Term Agreement.   I won't go into the details of this new law.    Anyone who is  looking to invest in properties in Oregon,  might want to look closely at what the potential risks for landlords now is.   The members of our company are now reviewing this law closely, and will decide when to start getting out of the Oregon rental property market.    As of now we will no longer seek to purchase additional properties in Oregon.    We believe that in the near future the new law will have a very chilling effect on the housing shortage crises in Oregon.  

Loading replies...