User Stats

Votes
Tom Mickley
Votes |
Seeking CPA in the northeast Ohio area

Tom Mickley
Posted Apr 18 2019, 10:21

Hello All,

First discussion post and new pro member here. Got that out of the way.  I am looking for a great accountant near me.  One that specializes in real estate (obviously since I'm here). I've reached out to few firms and didn't get the best vibe of their real estate knowledge from a quick phone interview. I won't name names since I don't want to tarnish their reputations. I'm looking in the Stark County Ohio area. Preferably near the Canton area.  

I've always done my own taxes in the past including 2019 and it's getting too cumbersome. Plus I'm sure I'm leaving money on the table as far as deductions and credits are concerned. It's time to expand. I want to set up an LLC for my current rentals and possibly land trusts? Still doing my DD to know exactly what I want. My attorney told me to go see a CPA before she helps me set up the LLC so I know how to be taxed correctly from the beginning.

S Corp? C Corp? disregarded entity? Not sure. I'm savvy with finance from being self taught.  However, I only know enough about accounting to be dangerous - which I'm trying to void...

Lastly, I have no clue how they charge for their services. Is it by the hour? Per Property? Per LLC? Do they typically bill you weekly, monthly or yearly? I'm sure the answers to those are all over the map depending on complexities of your portfolio.

Thank you in advance!

Tom 

Loading replies...