What kind of personal growth / business books impacted your life?

5 Replies

First off, I want to appreciate every single one of you guys for giving me your time to share the types of books that provided positive impact on your lives. I’m a 19 year old who strives to provide an opportunity for disadvantaged/third world people in this world one day and hope to find an idea from the book(s) you recommend to me.

Thank you so much for your time!

- Gaberiel Cinco

"Rich Dad Poor Dad" is probably the one book that has caused the biggest change in my outlook on finances. I recommend it to everyone.

"The Millionaire Next Door was good. A little dry and very factually / study based but it's a good read.

Currently reading "7 Habbits of Highly Effective People". It's shaping up to be a worthwhile read.

Some others that I've enjoyed are:

-Getting To Yes

-How To Win Friends & Influence People 

-Never Split The Difference

-The Richest Man In Babylon

I'm also in the retail space and some books that have more application to that side but can still be applied elsewhere are:

-Crush It
-Crushing It
-How To Sell At Margins Higher Than Higher Your Competitors
-I Know It When I See It
-The Thank You Economy
-UnMarketing
-Delivering Happiness
-Grinding It Out

I'm sure I left quite a few out but that's the top ones that come to mind. I've read probably half a dozen of the BP books too and each of them has been great.

Ike

For sure "Rich Dad Poor Dad." I thought there's no way it could live up to the hype because everyone talks about it, but it will change the way you look at finances. Once I figured out I can use money to buy more money I saw things differently. "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu is also great, get one with historical commentary as it has some great examples and anecdotes of the principles in action.

This may seem like a weird recommendation, but "The Dispossessed" is also great and will change your worldview on compassion and empathy. It is a science fiction book, so I understand if you aren't into that, but I think it's a book everyone should read.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here