How to verify the ownership for Wyoming LLC

4 Replies

Wyoming LLC could bring the best asset protection. Just one question: how to confirm or verify the ownership of Wyoming LLC since the members of the Wyoming LLC are not listed in the state website or certificate of organization.

@James Li , you can't do so with public info, that's the whole point. Reach out to the registered agent. You can get a message to the owners that way.

@Jaysen Medhurst hey Jayden, my point is how to verify that the Wyoming LLC formed by the owner with help from attorney firm (register agent) is actually the owner?

This question comes up to my mind when I plan to transfer my property to my Wyoming LLC.

If another person claims in the future that my Wyoming LLC is owned by him, instead of myself. How to approve it?

@James Li , wow, that’s something I never considered, but since your lawyer will have all the documentation from the state, I’m sure you’ll be fine.

@Jaysen Medhurst The concern is 1) if by accident the firm formed the LLC On behalf of the owner but made a mistake on the owner part (like misspelling of owner name), and 2) if the firm did not register the LLC with the ownership on your name. After transferring the property to the Wyoming LLC, I am concerned about the property ownership.

That's why I am thinking if there is a way to verify the ownership of the Wyoming LLC. To me, even the public records of Wyoming LLC do not show the ownership, it can be tracked if the real owners want to see the documents of Wyoming LLC in state to verify it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here