Registering LLC in another state

3 Replies

I'm under contract for a vacation rental property in Florida. I need to register my LLC as a foreign entity in Florida. The paperwork requires a "designated agent". Where do I find or what kind of business person serves as a "designated agent"?

@Doug Wolff a registered agent or designated agent is simply for service of process. There are companies that will do this for you for an annual fee. If you search for Registered Agent services you will find more than you need.

Good Luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you