• Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
DEVELOPING YOUR TEAM

Jason Malabute
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Nov 27 2020, 19:57

I have my team enrolled in the following training programs:

1) Cardone University (20 minutes a day)

2) Acquisitions workshop with Biggerpockets own Sterling White- (1 hour a week we go through cold calling techniques with the VA by which improves their cold calling and handling objections through 13 weeks.

3) We also have weekly staff meetings where we go over hurdles that they might have encountered during the week with potential sellers. I listen to recorded of all the week's calls once a week and review all of the objection that I make my team take note every time they are on a call so that we can find more efficient solutions to handle those objections next time around 

4) I also do mock calls and go over mindset with my team for 15-20 minutes every morning to get them ready every morning to make those calls. They are ready for rough calls because we already practiced how to handle those calls beforehand.

On top of having a better trained staff compared to our competitors the greatest reward to investing in our team's development is the positive feedback we get.

My team is so appreciative of the intensive training we provide to them. Their previous employer would just give them a script and make them read it . The difference between me and other investors is that I really do want to see my team members grow in their role in the company, skill set, and also become better human beings. Even if they leave my company one day they will be more skilled than other people applying for the same position. They will be able to command more pay and support their families better because of the things they learned while working for me. I guess that’s a motto I have in my business AND personal relationships is I try to make the people around me better. Even when our relationship is over they will be at a better position in their life . I kind of see my role that is similar to how Magic Johnson made his teammates on the Showtime Lakers better just by being around him. I’m humbled and thankful that I’m able to make a positive impact on peoples life . That is worth more than a zillion dollars to me 

Loading replies...