Lawn care business. Can y’all give me tips about the business

4 Replies

I am 15 starting a lawn care business. May you guys give me tips about it. I just started it. I’m trying get this business running so I can make good profit from it so I can save to be apart of realastate and start buying duplex’s and fourplex form that business when 18. I have 900 in the bank so far.

@Keiyon Wayne hi Keiyon, I'm impressed with your motivation and early planning. Are there any specific tips you are looking for?

If I was starting out I might consider creating a sharp business card [you can find nice templates on Vistaprint or elsewhere] with your information (and phone/email) and the services you offer. After you work a job, I'd also follow up and give your customer a flyer with this info so they can share with others. Word of mouth is a great way to get new business. Great service is a great way to retain. Maybe even offer discounts to existing customers if they refer new customers to you. All the best, Justin

@Keiyon Wayne get a Facebook page. Run a reg not a business Facebook page. Buy FB ads and budget a small amount of money. Create your own website on word press. Ask your smartest friend to write your website. No typos. Ask a friend to take action pictures and videos to post. Ask a friend to post for you daily on Facebook. And always respond to your comments and phone calls!

And name your business something like "Lucky Lawn" or "Mean Green Lawnmower" Service. First year no LLC. Keep up with your receipts and miles and supplies by taking pictures.

Need more help. Message me!

Best of luck!

Go to the BP Business Podcast, they talk a lot about business systems. There is one specifically, sorry I forget what episode, where the guy left real estate and purchased a lawn service business. He turned that one small business into the acquisition of 6-7 more. He talks about his operations, how he has figured out how to reduce his operating expenses, etc.  A lot for your first start but I think it can potentially help shape your mindset from the start, help you see things from a different angle. Also, pick-up a copy of "The E-Myth". 

Basically you want to run a business. Not be a lawn mower. We all have to pay our dues but if you begin your journey with that mindset and work towards that goal you will go further quicker than most your age. Good luck.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you