Spreadsheet to track monthly income/profit of multiple properties

13 Replies

Hi all,
I am looking for a software or spread sheet that will track cash flow/ financials from multiple properties. I have a separate quickbook accounts for each account but I am looking for a way to see my total financial picture in one place. Does this exist? Maybe someone has created a spreadsheet they would share?  

@Amanda Jacobellis  If you are already using Quickbooks, look into class tracking.  Each property is a class.  On your PNL by Class report, you’ll see how each property is doing individually, as well as in total.  It might take some time for you to set this up and edit past transactions to include the class, but having the information in one program will certainly save you time over the long run.  Good luck!

Promotion
Innago
Property Management Software
Manage Your Rentals Better For Free. Save Time & Money.
Easily Collect Rent, Screen Tenants, Sign Leases, List Properties, Manage Work Orders, & Much More!
100% Free Try It Now

So why not just export PNL reports from each account and copy paste the  totals column into a combined spreadsheet?  That’s all classes is doing for you anyway.  I don’t know Stressa, but doing 

-highlight column

-ctrl-C

- paste special / values

- a SUM() formula, dragged down across the rows you want to sum up

every month or quarter (whatever you’re tracking) seems a lot simpler than learning a whole new platform. 

That might just be me.  

Quicken is $50 and it’s overkill for 20 properties. It’ll track your rental and personal income and expenses by category, property, account, business/personal tag,  date range, “anything”

haha thanks all - I do like a good excel sheet! I was just looking for something more automated to track my whole financial picture, including multiple companies P&L. I will see what STESSA is and report back.

I will add that airbnb mixes all of the income together, I don't see how to separate by listing on that website but YourPorter which I just started using as a channel manager does separate income by listing for those with STRs. I have those going into excel currently. I then have a separate quick books account for each LLC. I am trying to build a super organized foundation so as I scale I can easily track everything. What has been working for me for expense tracking is separate credit cards and bank accounts for each business and trying not to comingle. I find this hard when I just want to use my costco card or target card- also wondering if people open these special cards for each business?

Promotion
MyRentSource
Property Management
#1 Turnkey Property Management Solution in Atlanta since 2006
Turnkey Solution with Tenant Guarantee, no up charges on repairs, extensive tenant screening...
Find Out More!

@Dane Silchenstedt it looks cool But really geared toward multi ans long term rentals. Kind of a QuickBooks / management software for multiple LTR there are cool dashboards etc but I'm not sure if it would work well for STR and because I already use QuickBooks and a bunch of other softwares to manage my STR it's not a great fit for what I need. Hope that helps. Check it out it's free if you have LTRs

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you