Partnerships - What works and what doesn't?

2 Replies

Hey all! So I am having a hard time tackling some investments by myself. Mainly financing. If it comes down to it I may seek out a partner.

I am planning to buy a STR and am prepared to do all of it; find the deal, acquisition, management, etc.. While I have every intention on running the business myself, I see the need to bring in someone to increase our purchasing power and contribute to the down payment. I have never had a joint venture before and I want to hear from bigger pockets members on what worked for you! If you were in my shoes, wanting to buy a STR but need financing backup and intend on running the business yourself, how would you structure your business and why? LLC, Limited partnership, etc..?

@Matthew Crivelli That sounds like it would work for me. I also struggle figuring out how to divide profits, and especially equity. I have more research to do to figure out how a partnership unfolds down the road. I appreciate your input

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you