100% newbie here. Where do I begin? HELP 😭😳😭

7 Replies

I would be 1000% grateful for any assistance or guidance to starting out in this fantastic yet confusing world/venture! Books, podcast episodes, YouTube videos, audio books, blueprints etc etc... I'll take anything because I'm so hyped and ready finally!

I would start with binging the podcasts & reading the BP books. Not trying to schill their products but they have some great content for getting started and things to know. 

How to Invest in Real Estate is probably the first to start with. 

Here are a few books that will help you out:

The book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner

Managing Rental Properties by Brandon Turner

How to Invest in Real Estate by Joshua Dorkin

Investing in Real Estate with No or Low Money Down by Brandon Turner

The ABC's of Real Estate Investing by Ken Mcelroy

Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

@Darryl Reed

I think the only way to fully learn is jump in. Start analyzing properties. Maybe make a few offers. Figure it out as you go. If you anazlyze 10 properties a day you will get better. Take it one step at a time. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Good luck!

Posting on here is a good 1st step! This field is a crazy and fast paced one! It depends on the style of learning you use best. I am not much of a read a book and do it kind of guy. I do like podcasts because I am always driving around, so it is easy to listen and learn. My favorite podcasts are, The Real Estate Guys and The Bigger Pockets Podcast. 

Go to networking events! Find out when and where other investors, agents, and buyers meet, and introduce yourself! Learn from their experiences and ask them questions. 

I am based in Houston, TX... but I am always down to talk! Let me know!

Congrats and Good Luck! 

@Darryl Reed 1) Educate 2) Define your goals 3) Choose your investing strategy 4) Choose your market {you may want to switch the order of 3 & 4 if you can stay local} 5) Find the Rockstars who can help you succeed. Remember, Eagles fly with other eagles. Often one great contact can open up a whole network of great people to help you. Good luck!