• Columbus, OH
Votes |
Starting Real Estate Young -follow up

Alexander McNichols
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Dec 15 2022, 13:58

Hello All - A follow-up to my post from July. I have completed my senior project with Mitch Deminski and Solutions For Real Estate. I learned so much over my 200+ hour project and I networked with so many amazing people. One aspect of my project was listening to audiobooks and the BiggerPockets podcast. I've actually listened to 4,712 minutes of the BiggerPockets podcast over the past year. Rehabbing a house in Columbus, Ohio was another part of my project where I gained a lot of real-world experience. Learning how to network was my favorite part of this experience. A few of my biggest takeaways are:

*The Power of Networking: I was able to interview 16 real estate professionals by networking and simply sharing my story about what I aspire to achieve in the real estate world.

*Hard work creates your own luck: Everyone I sat down with echoed the same message. They all have worked very hard for what they have achieved because they knew no one was going to just hand it to them.

*Real estate isn't a get-rich-quick scheme, it's a get-rich-slow method: On almost every BiggerPockets podcast David Greene (aka Sir BRRRR) says the same thing. One of my biggest challenges will be developing the patience needed to create a successful real estate investing career.

I am so thankful to Mitch Deminski for taking the time to mentor me and inspire a young kid to pursue a career in real estate with the goal of financial freedom. I will be getting my real estate license next spring and will begin to invest shortly thereafter. I plan on attending The Ohio State University to study finance with a focus on real estate. I am so excited to see you all at future events.

If you have any advice or recommendations I am all ears. Or if you are open to sitting down with me I would love to learn about your career.

Thank you all!

-Alex McNichols

Loading replies...