• Investor
  • North New Jersey
Votes |
Networking in (North) New Jersey Area!

Brian Schroeder
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Posted Dec 16 2022, 11:13

Hello, my name is Brian Schroeder I live in North Jersey!

I am looking to network with other investors as well as start to grow my rock star team of my core 4 team (Agent, Contractor, Lender,PM)!

I have read David Greene's book 'BRRRR' book twice now and I am ready to begin furthering my knowledge and experience in real estate.

Some background of my goals as an investor, I am looking to get into a multi-family house in the next 6-12 Months (depending on the market.) I would love to house hack this property (though understanding this may be challenging in a place like Jersey), so I can cash flow or even break even to live in the property while advancing my bigger goal which is implementing the BRRRR strategy in the next 1-3 years.

I would love to work with very well experience individuals who are savants in their areas so we can benefit from each other and build long lasting fruitful relationships!

I am working to own 20-30 properties in the next 10 years and with the BRRRR method and would love to have some amazing individuals to work with.

Also, for investors on the platform that are just getting into real estate in Jersey, or have been established for a while I would love to network with you and accomplish our goals together.

I look forward to building meaningful and fruitful connections with all of you.

Thanks,

Brian

User Stats

Votes
Tim Johnson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Skagit Valley, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Skagit Valley, WA
Replied Dec 16 2022, 14:43
Quote from @Brian Schroeder:

I would love to work with very well experience individuals who are savants in their areas so we can benefit from each other and build long lasting fruitful relationships!

I am working to own 20-30 properties in the next 10 years and with the BRRRR method and would love to have some amazing individuals to work with.

Also, for investors on the platform that are just getting into real estate in Jersey, or have been established for a while I would love to network with you and accomplish our goals together.

Hey Brian, if I WAS a savant in my own area of expertise.....what would convince me to want to connect with you?  How exactly are you able to help me reach my goals? I mean....if this is going to be mutual....and we're actually going to benefit each other?

User Stats

Votes
Richard Loniewski
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Jersey
Replied Dec 16 2022, 15:32

I have been investing in Bergen county for the last 2 years, I am also an agent with Keller Williams in Ridgewood and am a hard money lender as well

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 17 2022, 06:17

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Brian Schroeder
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Votes |
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Replied Dec 17 2022, 06:46
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

Great advice Nathan - I really appreciate that advice and will be sure to check that out!

User Stats

Votes
Brian Schroeder
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Votes |
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Replied Dec 17 2022, 06:53
Quote from @Tim Johnson:

Hey Brian, if I WAS a savant in my own area of expertise.....what would convince me to want to connect with you?  How exactly are you able to help me reach my goals? I mean....if this is going to be mutual....and we're actually going to benefit each other?

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to my post.

I would love to hear more about your goals and experience while having a conversation over the phone when you're available. 

I am very serious about being a real estate investor. My goal is to scale my rental portfolio as fast as possible and having you as my agent would obviously be beneficial financially but also I love networking with other investors so I would refer you to every investor which was truly serious about purchasing a home. I know so that would that would bring you tons of business and also we can build our reputation together in bringing more deals to the table.

Would love to talk more when you're available I sent you a connect request.

Thanks,

Brian

User Stats

Votes
Brian Schroeder
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Votes |
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Replied Dec 17 2022, 06:55
Quote from @Richard Loniewski:

I have been investing in Bergen county for the last 2 years, I am also an agent with Keller Williams in Ridgewood and am a hard money lender as well

Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post!

Bergen count is a beautiful place filled with great investment properties.

I will chat more with your in direct message!

Thanks,

Brian

User Stats

Votes
Tim Johnson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Skagit Valley, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Skagit Valley, WA
Replied Dec 17 2022, 08:07
Quote from @Tim Johnson:

Hi Tim,

I would love to hear more about your goals and experience while having a conversation over the phone when you're available. 

I am very serious about being a real estate investor. My goal is to scale my rental portfolio as fast as possible and having you as my agent would obviously be beneficial financially but also I love networking with other investors so I would refer you to every investor which was truly serious about purchasing a home. I know so that would that would bring you tons of business and also we can build our reputation together in bringing more deals to the table.

@Brian Schroeder - thank you. You clearly are considering how to network.....and my comments were not meant as a dig - just an encouragement to be very specific about what you can bring to the table in any kind of cooperation. Everyone can articulate goals and their desire to succeed. However, the specifics of the benefits that you can offer (e.g., you have time to commit to a project, capital, carpenter expertise, you would be willing to do research, run errands, bird dog, etc.)....these will be attractive to other like-minded investors who may have knowledge and expertise - but limited time.

Anyway, best wishes. As I'm on the opposite coast I may not be your best partner :-) ....but thanks for connecting...

User Stats

Votes
Brian Schroeder
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Votes |
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Replied Dec 17 2022, 10:35
Quote from @Tim Johnson:
Quote from @Tim Johnson:

Hi Tim,

@Brian Schroeder - thank you. You clearly are considering how to network.....and my comments were not meant as a dig - just an encouragement to be very specific about what you can bring to the table in any kind of cooperation. Everyone can articulate goals and their desire to succeed. However, the specifics of the benefits that you can offer (e.g., you have time to commit to a project, capital, carpenter expertise, you would be willing to do research, run errands, bird dog, etc.)....these will be attractive to other like-minded investors who may have knowledge and expertise - but limited time.

Anyway, best wishes. As I'm on the opposite coast I may not be your best partner :-) ....but thanks for connecting...

100% Tim, thank you for caring enough about others and pushing them to think about things in a way that can continue to help them grow. That's exactly how I took it. As David Greene preaches, the most important thing is to bring value to others first and only then a successful relationship can be formed. I will be able to scale with my capital which will bring many sales and opportunities with those that I work with which I am excited to see come to life. I am looking to invest OOS as New Jersey house prices are typically in the $400K-$500K range which would obviously be a higher barrier of entry to deploy the BRRRR strategy. I will do more research into your area and see if that is feasible with my vision - but would love to stay in contact and see if I can bring value to you in any way! 
Thank you for your time so far!

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied Dec 18 2022, 05:18

@Brian Schroeder

consider house hacking locally

going to be very, very tough to do an OOS BRRRR as your first deal

User Stats

Votes
Brian Schroeder
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Votes |
  • Investor
  • North New Jersey
Replied Dec 18 2022, 06:47
Quote from @Nicholas L.:

@Brian Schroeder

consider house hacking locally

going to be very, very tough to do an OOS BRRRR as your first deal

Yeap that was my first goal to house hack so I have a nice place to live haha.

Though I'm in Jersey for now so it's a bit hard with the prices here. Hoping for a dip soon, have a nice pile of cash waiting!

Thanks for the comment and input Nick!

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied Dec 18 2022, 07:00

@Brian Schroeder

are you walking properties and making or considering offers?

tough to predict when a dip will come.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Manafi
  • Realtor
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • New Jersey
Replied Dec 20 2022, 07:38

Hey @Brian Schroeder,

Congrats on getting your investment journey started! I'm an investor and investor-agent based in North Jersey. Happy to connect and chat more about your goals!

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Dec 20 2022, 09:03

Hey @Brian Schroeder - I'm an investor & realtor based out of NYC, and the one guy I recommend to all my clients for their NJ projects is @Shawn Mcenteer. He's been working with investors for a while and is also an investor himself. 

Good luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Guzzardi Jr
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied Dec 20 2022, 18:15

@Brian Schroeder Hey Brian. Agent and investor specifically in the 2-4 unit space. Happy to connect further as I've scaled to 40+ doors in about 3 years learning from the team and mentors in my brokerage and investment platform.

User Stats

Votes
Ibrahim Hughes
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bloomfield, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bloomfield, NJ
Replied Dec 21 2022, 08:27

@Brian Schroeder

It can be done. You just have to find properties at a discount. In addition to working with agents also look to work with wholesalers who are known for finding some of the best off Market deals available.

The important thing in working with them is to make sure you have your financing lined up. Preferably hard money or all cash. And be ready to pull the trigger confidently and close within 30 days.

It will be challenging as a new investor because you don't know the market that well and so you may be hesitant in certain areas. Wholesalers like to work with experienced folks who know what they want almost immediately upon inspecting it.

If I can be of any assistance feel free to reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Mcenteer
  • Realtor
  • Boonton Township, NJ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Boonton Township, NJ
Replied Jan 2 2023, 15:23

Hi @Brian Schroeder Brrr house hacking is what got me and my wife to financial freedom in NJ. Its a great way to go,  happy to connect and share what has worked well for us over the years.