Votes
Nathan Florence
Pro Member
Votes |
SMALL SAFE OPTION OR BIGGER RISKIER OPTION

Nathan Florence
Pro Member
Posted Jan 14 2023, 08:43

ok so first of all thanks all who responded to my first post, the rent vs mortgage decision, im on the hunt and going to purchase something, im looking at two options, i wouldnt consider them deals lol, this is hawaii, im looking at option one single fam fixer upper needs quite a bit of work, but much cheaper and a much more manageable monthly payment for me good location and neighborhood could possibly add small ADU but lot is tiny, second option, a larger turn key home freshly renovated, has two units able to rent separate, with the ability to add ADU down the line, but monthly payment is nearly double or more, renting one unit living in other could help offset, but still left with higher monthly due to high rate on bank statement loan since i dont qualify for jump conventional loan on that bigger option. The bigger house feels like the better deal if i can end with 3 unit property down the road, but the smaller house feels like the safer option in this market. both would be used to live in as primary until im ready for next purchase then transition them into rentals ideally with a refi at better rates

any thoughts or just convo appreciated thanks all!

Loading replies...