• New to Real Estate
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Looking for a real estate partner/Tips on finding one

Nicholas Stevenson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Jan 30 2023, 00:34

Hello, My name Is Nicholas, I'm 17 have been looking into real estate and investing through books and BP for a little bit over two years now, I will be an adult finally in April, so I can start building credit and apply for loans and such. I have about 33,000 in cash that has been saved up for the purpose of getting into real estate. 

Something that I keep thinking about is how hard its going to be for qualifying for a loan like a FHA as a 18 year old, I do have work history but my credit score will be brand new. my DTI should be around a 18-24% so thats nice, Co-signing is out of the picture, my parents have a perfect credit score and its just something they don't want to have to worry about. I would like to get some real estate rather soon as prices have been dropping, Things are "going on sale" as David Greene says and sellers are becoming more negotiable. Maybe be able to pick up a few seller financed property's would be amazing. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity while its still here, and we will probably still be in a buyers market for a bit but I would like to start investing ASAP.

So that brings me to partnering up with someone, BP has taught me that with partners it can happen a couple different ways. One can bring the finances and the other the deal, or even a mix of work like property management it can go a bunch of different ways. What I need is more on the finance side because I cant sign for anything or get a loan at this point in time. So I am looking for ways to find a partner or if anyone would like to talk some more about it that would be great as well. Ive been trying to attend local meet and greets but there aren't very many I can find. Id love to get started investing in real estate just looking for some help to get on track.

Thanks!

-Nicholas Stevenson

Loading replies...