how do new investors impress old investor

how do new investors impress old investor

Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 1 vote

Aftrer reading another post concerning a lack of love for wholesalers , I would like to know how the seasoned investor would like to be approached by a new investor/wholesaler/flipper? What would impress you, even thou you know the new investor has no track record.

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

J ScottPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
12y

I don't need to be impressed with the wholesaler, just the deal. Here is the information I look for when presented with a wholesale deal:

- Type of closing (assignment, double close, etc)

- Address

- Price

- Estimated ARV and Comps (I won't rely on these, but will indicate if the wholesaler has actually done his job)

- Pictures & Condition (Enough information that I know if it's a $15K rehab or a $150K rehab)

- Basic Info (Year Built, # Beds/Baths, Square Footage, etc)

- Info about access to the property (or how to get it)

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    12y

    I don't need to be impressed with the wholesaler, just the deal. Here is the information I look for when presented with a wholesale deal:

    - Type of closing (assignment, double close, etc)

    - Address

    - Price

    - Estimated ARV and Comps (I won't rely on these, but will indicate if the wholesaler has actually done his job)

    - Pictures & Condition (Enough information that I know if it's a $15K rehab or a $150K rehab)

    - Basic Info (Year Built, # Beds/Baths, Square Footage, etc)

    - Info about access to the property (or how to get it)

  • Vancouver, WA · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    I like your answere, a thristy man does't care about the glass as much as the water in the glass. Would you then reccomend a new wholersaler to keep his introductions short to potential investor? Or not untl he can bring water a deal in?

  • Minooka, IL · Member since 2013 · 353 posts · 85 votes
    12y

    Just bring me the right home at the right price and I promise well be friends forever.

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Here is how I got in with the best wholesaler in Southern California, if not the entire state - when he got a property under contract and presented it to the luncheon I was at, I bought it. I had problems with the house, but when he asked me how it was going, I responded "Great! Let me know when you get another."

    Then, when he got the next house under contract, I bought that one too. When he asked me how it was going, I responded "Great! Let me know when you get another."

    Then, when he got the next house under contract, I bought that one too. When he asked me how it was going, I responded "Great! Let me know when you get another."

    Then, when he got the next house under contract, I bought that one too. When he asked me how it was going, I responded "Great! Let me know when you get another."

    Then, when he got the next house under contract, I bought that one too. When he asked me how it was going, I responded "Great! Let me know when you get another."

    Then, when he got the next house under contract, I bought that one too. When he asked me how it was going, I responded "Great! Let me know when you get another."

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 153 posts · 36 votes
    12y

    don't try to impress anyone but yourself... It's all about the deal.. Also keep in mind that everyone has a different idea of what a deal is.. Some are happy with a 10k profit.. others are happy with a 40k profit and so on, others are hopefull on future appreciation.. .. try to get the best deal possible and don't pay to much attention to the opinionators..

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.