Brian Bryson's profile image
  • New to Real Estate
  • from Sebastopol, CA
  • Member since Sep 6, 2023
Brian Bryson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Sebastopol, CA
Votes |
About to drop 125k CASH for Firestone Park, Akron, OH & having an OOS PANIC ATTACK!

Brian Bryson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Sebastopol, CA
Posted Sep 21 2023, 12:59

I acquired a Buyer's Agent from Zillow, told him I'm out of state & like a property, and now things are moving more quickly than I'm comfortable with. I hear many folks say, "Don't get stuck in Analysis Paralysis."  But, ya know, we have to do enough analysis before we hand over our $125k life savings. Might any of you fine folks here in Bigger Pockets Land lend your analysis wisdom of Firestone Park - Akron OH?  Thanks, y'all!

I'm looking for high cash flow and hoping for good appreciation in 7 years.

Asking Price: $130,000
Offering: $125,000 CASH
Rent Estimate: $1200 to $1400
4/2 Single Family
Nice new kitchen & bath
Hardwood floors
Needs painting inside
Roof & siding a little worn
Basement a teeny bit leaky in big rain storms

• New to Real Estate
  • from Sebastopol, CA

User Stats

Votes
  • New to Real Estate
  • from Sebastopol, CA
Brian Bryson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Sebastopol, CA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Sebastopol, CA
Replied Oct 15 2023, 14:40

Hi Aldo.  Sounds like you dodged a bullet too! Shwew! Thanks for connecting with me and sharing your story! I feel less alone! Nice to know you’re out there, neighbor! 

I’m feeling a bit discouraged lately and have taken a step back. It feels like the right thing at the moment. I’m going to let all the exploring and research I’ve done over the past few months just marinate for a while and see what ideas or opportunities pop up.

I’d still like to find a way to make something happen locally. But as you know, things are very expensive here.

I’m thinking creatively and looking within a 3 hour radius from Sebastopol.

I’ve spent a lot of time on Zillow in North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, and of course Northern CA.

Keep me in the loop with how things are going for you!

All the best to you, Aldo!

Robert Ellis's profile image
Robert Ellis
Pro Member

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis's profile image
Robert Ellis
Pro Member
Robert Ellis
Pro Member
#1 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Oct 15 2023, 16:07
Quote from @Brian Bryson:

Hi Aldo.  Sounds like you dodged a bullet too! Shwew! Thanks for connecting with me and sharing your story! I feel less alone! Nice to know you’re out there, neighbor! 

I’m feeling a bit discouraged lately and have taken a step back. It feels like the right thing at the moment. I’m going to let all the exploring and research I’ve done over the past few months just marinate for a while and see what ideas or opportunities pop up.

I’d still like to find a way to make something happen locally. But as you know, things are very expensive here.

I’m thinking creatively and looking within a 3 hour radius from Sebastopol.

I’ve spent a lot of time on Zillow in North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, and of course Northern CA.

Keep me in the loop with how things are going for you!

All the best to you, Aldo!

you won't have trouble looking in columbus I can assure you of that there are dozens of deals every week and the economics work I'd recommend looking around a little more  

Ridge Lending Group logo
Ridge Lending Group
|
Sponsored
Ridge Lending Group is Your One Stop for Investment Loans Apply in March and Ridge Lending Group will offer a $250 lender credit towards closing costs.