Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Mutek
Votes |
Turning Home into LLC

Daniel Mutek
Posted Mar 23 2024, 14:19

If I can turn my current home into a LLC what are the pros and cons, and can i use a conventional loan again since I'm no longer the primary. I want to buy a new home and rent this one out is my aim.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 24 2024, 00:06

I'm interested in this conversation from a different perspective. Turn my house (paid off) into an llc (where I do all my work from-real estate investment), buy a primary home with VA certificate.

User Stats

Votes
John Morgan
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Prairie, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Prairie, TX
Replied Mar 24 2024, 05:38

@Daniel Mutek

You can't get conventional loans with an LLC. Plus any attorney can pierce it if they wanted to showing that you're behind your LLC. I'd buy your fist 10 with conventional loans then get an LLC to buy with after you tap out with 10 conventional loans. That's what I did. However, I did deed over 5 or 6 of my properties that were in my primary name to my LLC when I was a noob which was dumb. lol

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Mar 24 2024, 06:21
Quote from @Daniel Mutek:

If I can turn my current home into a LLC what are the pros and cons, and can i use a conventional loan again since I'm no longer the primary. I want to buy a new home and rent this one out is my aim.

The only thing turning a home from your name into a LLC does is cost you more money. You have LLC fees, additional tax filings to have it be a pass through entity and all for what? Someone telling you that you need asset protection, but cannot tell you in what instance you could possibly be sued for that insurance would not cover you.

User Stats

Votes
John Mocker#1 Insurance Contributor
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
  • Norwalk, CT
Replied Mar 25 2024, 07:56

Daniel,

If you do make the change to the LLC be sure to change your Insurance policy to the name of the LLC.