• Real Estate Agent
  • New York
Votes |
Finished my first project, what’s next?

Bryce Muller
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York
Posted May 21 2024, 15:55

Background: I have one flip under my belt and when I started, I promised myself I wouldn’t just plateau, I’d go bigger with each project. I did this project from a contractor POV, I did a lot of the work myself. However, I have relationships with people who can do the work better and I am more analytical and geared towards the business side. Also, I have recently became aware of the odds of me being a successful real estate investor are not in my favor. Books like Fooled by Randomness make it apparent that you see a lot of sucessful people on social media, books, etc; not the graveyard full of dead bodies/failed investors. This does not mean I want to quit. I am 24 and have time to learn and give myself the best shot possible. 

My solution: Get into a property admin/management/assistant position adjacent to experienced people I can learn from. I think this is the way to learn the ins and outs of CRE.

My issue: Even with a college degree, entreprenurial experience, and project management I can’t seem to break in after 5-6 months of applying. I find myself casting a wider net outside of real estate because I am underemployed and am scared I will lose sight of my dream. 24/25 feels like the age where dreams go to die. 

The question: Does getting a job in the industry sound like the right idea? Should I just keep my sh*tty job and go for it on my free time? Find a better job anywhere to ease the pain? If you know anyone/is someone who works at a investment or property management firm in NYC, Westchester or East CT please help me get into contact. Not looking for a direct referral or recommendation but open a line of communication so I can express my interest and how I could contribute to their company. I have been looking at large companies like Cushman & Wakefield, CBRE, Colliers, etc. Any advice is appreciated, thank you for reading. 

Loading replies...