Looking for SFH Investments in the Suburban Atlanta Region

12 Replies

Hey All,

I'm a new investor looking for investment properties in the suburban Atlanta region. Getting my name out there per the advice of two Bigger Pocket members I've chatted with over the phone (@Allen Thomas and @Jack Turner). So far I've been on the search with my one realtor for 3 months and have had no luck. Figured I reach out to the community for advice.

If anyone has any advice or guides please let me know. Ready to start playing the game!

What type of properties are you looking for? Post some parameters...

@Chukwudi Motanya Like Sam J. said, you need to be more specific in your search. As you know Suburban Atlanta is very large.

Atlanta is probably one of the hardest markets to find properties in right now (next to Houston and Dallas). It has been that way for a couple years at least because of all the hedge funds and big boy investors eating everything up.

The only way your Realtor is going to find you a property is he she/he is stalking the MLS like crazy and can snag properties within hours of them being posted. That's what everyone else in Atlanta is doing, so the competition is crazy for good properties. That's for the listed ones at least. The auctions and such are difficult as well and I doubt your Realtor knows how to do those. You're going to be better off partnering up with a bigger time investor there to help find properties. The experts are the ones snagging everything so if you can latch on to one of them, you might have better luck.

What kind of property are you looking for? That makes a difference too.

SFH 3-4 bedrooms in the price range of $50k-$75k in the Lithonia, Stone Mountain, and snellville area. (Open to others if anyone have suggestions ) year 1980 or later.

Any more details that II should add?

Hi Chudi - You'll find what you looking for. From our conversation, you have what it takes to succeed. Let us know when you do or if you need help along the way.

Rick

Atlanta is tough these days. I haven't bought a property off the MLS in over a year down there. I wouldn't suggest focusing a lot of time and energy on publicly listed properties in Atlanta, especially areas and price ranges like those that are the bread-and-butter of many seasoned investors.

Instead, I'd recommend doing some marketing for off-market deals...

Originally posted by @Chukwudi Motanya :
Hey All,
I'm a new investor looking for investment properties in the suburban Atlanta region. Getting my name out there per the advice of two Bigger Pocket members I've chatted with over the phone (@Allen Thomas and @Jack Turner). So far I've been on the search with my one realtor for 3 months and have had no luck. Figured I reach out to the community for advice.

If anyone has any advice or guides please let me know. Ready to start playing the game!

Welcome Chukwudi! I have done a some research into those areas and believe there is opportunity for a local investor. Is it your intention to buy and hold,flip?

I used to see a plenty of properties at the 30-50k range in stone mountain or lithonia areas two or three years ago

It is hard for me to adjust the mentality to the market reality. I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm. But is it worth investing in the areas paying that much money(looks like the current market is more like 70 rather than 50k, not sure if you can find any house in snellville even with 70)? We probably will not see any appreciation in the areas and the rent is 800-850 for 3bd and it takes more to place a tenant now because of glut of rental houses. If you have one bad tenant you will start losing money. Not sure buying a house in the areas with that much money makes sense any more from a buy and hold stand point.

@Chukwudi Motanya I have some off market properties I can sell you. PM me and I'll put together some packages for you

I am in the same market as you and like @J Scott said its really tough these days. I have upped my price points significantly out of the first time homebuyer market to get deals.

I am an investor and open to partner on deals in Atlanta / surrounding areas.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.