Problem with funding my second deal. Help?

Problem with funding my second deal. Help?

Contractor · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes

I have an off-market deal on the line for a purchase price of $70k. Rehab budget of $60k. ARV is $220k.

While it all seems so simple I’m having trouble getting funding due to lack of experience due to my last flip being 4 years ago. I’ve looked at hard money loans to cover home purchase + rehab but they want 20% down plus closing cost $8k which is grand total needing $34k at closing. Along with proof of funds $36k which I imagine will need to be proved on top of the cash to close. I only have $20k of available liquid funds. Ive also explored the idea of seller financing which the sellers are okay with however that still leaves me short the $60k rehab the home needs.

Do I do the seller financing to get the home in my name then look to get a personal loan to cover the rehab? I’ve explored bringing in a partner but have been shot down multiple times regardless of the profit split. What would be the best way about moving forward with this? I don’t want to wholesale or take an assignment fee because the home is a relatives. I also am ready to start building my portfolio and would like the experience of doing this. I own a new construction company (2 years) and wife is a licensed realtor so we have tools to successfully do the flip and the numbers are solid. Just having trouble getting funded. Need ideas.

2Reply
64 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    1y

    If the numbers are what you say they are you can assign the contract to an investor in your local market with the funds to see it through. You shouldn't run into any difficulty moving it for $95k. 

    While there MAY be opportunity cost in letting someone else do the project, you completely avoid the risks of the flip, that you run out of money, etc. Book the $20k and move on to another idea.

    Good luck.

  • Member since 2025 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Hi Matt

    depending on your fico score, I should be able to get you 90% with low fees. If you’re interested just let me know.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.